TOUGH business challenges and how to overcome them
Author: Nathalie Vervaet, Sales Enablement Specialist Enterprise TOUGHBOOK Europe
We know TOUGHBOOK users are made of stronger stuff. They’re gritty, determined, and cool under pressure. But why should your teams work harder, when your business can work smarter? We’ve compiled a few tips to help you tackle some of the biggest challenges facing our industries this year.
1. Digital Transformation
With enormous potential to help businesses operate more productively, efficiently and sustainably, digitalisation and automation projects are top priorities across all sectors. But with the pressure to adapt quickly and effectively, digital transformation has also become one of the top business challenges globally.
- Only 15% of organisations on average have completed their digital transformation projects.
- Nearly 40% said they felt their organisation was lagging behind competitors when it came to digital transformation.
Panasonic Connect, 2023
- Improve organisational awareness around digital transformation goals and IT solutions.
- Consider compatibility with existing IT infrastructure.
- Start with small yet effective wins like taking processes paperless and improving customer journeys.
We worked with a Swiss civil engineering company to create a state-of-the-art digital site office, boosting efficiency and making printouts a thing of the past.
"Since we had already digitized all relevant workflows in our office, it was only logical to also digitize the last step” (Manuel Weyermann, Project Manager Digitalization at KIBAG Bauleistungen)
2. Device and data security
It will come as no surprise that cybersecurity and data privacy are still top priorities for businesses. Cyberattacks, breaches of data security and compliance regulations pose challenges for every business, the impact of which can be huge.
So how can businesses take control of their security and ensure they’re meeting all their responsibilities when it comes to personal data and compliance with GDPR and other regulatory standards?
93% of cyber leaders and 86% of business leaders believe geopolitical instability is moderately or very likely to lead to a catastrophic cyber event in the next two years.
Global Security Outlook Report, 2023
- Consider physical features protecting the device from theft, such as removable hard drives, cables and locks, during buying decisions.
- Choose devices with inbuilt security features like fingerprint and smart card readers.
- Take note of mobile device management (MDM), BIOS-embedded security, and operating system (OS) protections when sourcing technology.
3. Supply chain
In a challenging economic climate, production backlogs and delays are inevitable. Additionally, rising energy costs, technological advancements, changing working habits and e-commerce growth all have a big impact on supply chain operations.
Research suggests that supply chain issues could result in a potential €920 billion cumulative loss to GDP across the Eurozone.
- Consider automation and AI opportunities to improve supply chain stability.
- Avoid overestimating orders to compensate for backlogs – instead, look at improving accuracy and intelligence.
- Take a preventative approach and focus on long-term operational improvements.
4. Customer expectations
Businesses want to achieve the best possible customer experience, from making journeys as seamless as possible and making self-service options accessible to ensuring on-time delivery and first-class customer service.
Research found that 32% of customers will walk away from a brand they love after a single bad experience.
- Prioritise customers when investing in new technologies.
- Accurate communication around delivery and collection delays helps manage expectations for a higher level of satisfaction.
- Streamline customer journeys by removing unnecessary steps, and making self-service options available wherever possible.
As awareness of climate change improves, organisations are facing rising pressure to take on more accountability and responsibility for their environmental footprint. Businesses have an undeniable responsibility to put sustainability at the top of their agenda across various business units and functions – IT is no different.
So how can we ensure we’re considering sustainability in IT buying decisions and our approach to technology?
According to a report by Panasonic Connect, 56% of buyers expect to replace their devices every 1-4 years.
Panasonic Connect, 2022
- Consider whether devices can be redeployed within the organisation once their initial purpose is served.
- Take note of the product’s expected end of life into account, comparing how long the manufacturer supports its devices with software updates and security patches.
- Ensure new devices have a wider organizational impact, meeting sustainability goals such as the reduction of wasteful energy use.
In TOUGH climates. Through economic uncertainty. And changing demands. Whatever challenges businesses face, TOUGHBOOK is here to help.
Read more insights…
A Partnership for the Digital Age
A strong partner programme to support customers and drive business is critical for today’s technology giants. Frank Nijholt, Channel Manager for Panasonic Connect Europe, explains how its new Partner Portal is an essential tool for the digital age.
The Tech Trends Reshaping the Construction Industry
The construction industry is on the precipice of a new wave of digital transformation, that will fundamentally change how projects get built on-site using insights, automation, and AI.
Mission-ready encryption for Panasonic’s toughest customers
Encrypting data is fast becoming a core part of information security strategies around the world. Peter gives some insights on this topic.
BUILT FOR DEFENCE: THE TOUGHBOOK 40 GETS VIASAT ENCRYPTED SOLID STATE DRIVE
Panasonic announced today the world’s premier rugged notebook for the Defence industry can now be equipped with the Eclypt® Core Encrypted Internal Solid State Drive from global communications company, Viasat Inc.
Sorry there was an error...
The files you selected could not be downloaded as they do not exist.
You selected items.
Continue to select additional items or download selected items together.
You selected 1 item.
Continue selecting to download multiple files at once.
Share this link via:
Or copy link: