Quality assurance, guaranteed
The ultimate user experience is never a one-off moment for TOUGHBOOK. It takes exceptional service, from the moment you start talking to us about your rugged requirements, right on throughout the lifetime of your devices. And it’s in this that our TOUGHBOOK European Configuration and Service centre has a critical role.
Before reaching our customers’ hands, TOUGHBOOK devices take shape in our Cardiff-based facility. It’s here that base units arrive, ready to be configured with the ports, keyboard layout, operating system, applications, accessories and everything else they need to become the made-to-measure mobile tools Panasonic is renowned for.
Also home to our ProServices Solutions Engineering team, the 3,500 sqm TOUGHBOOK EU Configuration centre has been operating since 1998 to ensure every TOUGHBOOK device is fit for the precise needs of every customer – and stays that way throughout the lifetime of the technology.
Configured without compromise
- All TOUGHBOOK devices headed for Europe & Turkey are configured in Cardiff for their end destinations. That’s done via a tried-and-tested 5-step process, supported by our own MIDAS software, to cover unpacking, assembly, deployment, testing, and clean, pack and weigh.
- The facility is certified to ISO standards including Quality Management, Information Security Management and Environmental Management, giving you peace of mind throughout the configuration process.
- Our production engineers oversee the configuration and customisation of every device, providing total project management.
Dedicated service, unrivalled expertise
- Our service centre is home to our team of 20+ dedicated TOUGHBOOK Service technicians with over 100 years’ combined experience – meaning unrivalled expertise.
- We offer a multilingual service helpdesk support, giving you direct access to service technicians and first-line support in English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
For very specific requests, we can provide bespoke diagnostics and testing, managed via custom work instructions.
- A closed-loop CRM system tracks the full service history of every asset, while full-solution service management means we manage the warranty and servicing of any TOUGHBOOK solutions, including third-party assets.
- We also employ end-to-end fully-managed logistics – from pick up to drop off, it’s all included in our 96-hour turnaround timescales for in-warranty repair.
- For instant service, the TOUGHBOOK Service Cloud provides an online service portal and knowledge base.
Custom engineering for your unique challenges
- Our on-site team of electrical, mechanical and programming experts provide customised product and accessory solutions.
- That includes rapid prototyping and world-famous TOUGHBOOK testing capabilities, including environmental, humidity shock and anechoic chambers, and tests for temperature, vibration and drop resistance.
- This equipment is how we test our custom-designed solutions as well as any third-party products to ensure fit-for-purpose, compatibility and reliability.
- Our custom engineering extends beyond the TOUGHBOOK devices themselves, with bespoke vehicle dock design and manufacture, and TOUGHBOOK Omnia rapid app development teams also based at the facility.
Our team of expert engineers can design and deliver whatever solutions your workforce may need, from innovative docking solutions to third party product integrations. And with everything handled in-house, your solution will be quality assured to our high TOUGHBOOK standards.
Equip your workforce with the ultimate tough tool complete with custom branding, installations, applications, security settings and data, all managed by your dedicated project manager so your devices are ready to go straight out of the box.
Our experts handle all customisations in house and advise you every step of the way. From packing and tracking to technical support, our portfolio of world-class services transforms your efficiency from day one.
TOUGHBOOK AS A SERVICE
Cutting-edge technology just got more affordable.
A unique, interest-free monthly payment model for your TOUGHBOOK solutions.
Realise ultimate productivity anywhere, anytime without interruption.
Our unbeatable warranty options, unrivalled turnaround time, added to the proven durability of TOUGHBOOK technology will reduce downtime and accidental breakages to ensure your workforce never misses a beat.