|High-resolution LENS enables superb picture qualitywith virtually lossless i.Zoom x30 (optical x20)
|Optical image stabilizer increases installation flexibility
|Various interface support including 3G-SDI and GENLOCK for Live & Production use
|IP streaming and control capability with PoE+ power supply support
|NDI|HX support ready**Require purchasing a license from NewTek
The AW-HE42 camera is designed to produce great results in a variety of applications that require high-quality HD video — such as conference video, event capture, staging, distance learning and houses-of-worship. For the first time, the AW-HE42 series supports simultaneous output via 3G-SDI, HDMI and IP, making it versatile for many events. For professional video and broadcast usage, Generator-Lock has been added for synchronisation.
In addition to a 20x optical zoom, the AW-HE42 also features intelligent zoom up to 30x, enabled to capture crisp close-ups even in large auditoriums and lecture halls. The HE42 also has a wider angle of view of 65.1 degrees, making it easier to capture the action in large or small venues.
The AW-HE42 includes many innovative standard features developed to expand the capabilities of professional video system users. In addition to Panasonic's Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and advanced Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), an ingenious High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode helps to produce very good video even in extreme contrast and lighting conditions. For example, blown-out highlights and blocked-up shadows can be corrected with HDR mode.
If shooting in virtually total darkness, the HE42's Night Mode makes it possible to automatically switch to capture high-quality, HD monochrome video with the use of an (optional) IR illuminator in the 850nm range, making the camera ideal for reality show production, night shoots and staging support.
The pan range of ±175° and the tilt range of -30° to +90° covers a wide shooting area. Pan and tilt operates at a maximum speed of 90°/second and responds quickly to remote control operation. The HE42 operates quietly at a sound level of NC35 or lower. Up to 100 preset positions and camera settings are stored in the camera, more than enough for the most demanding large venue installation. The camera weighs only 1.5kg/3.3lbs and consumes just over 14.4W at 12VDC.
- Full HD 3G-SDI
- Wider viewing angle of 65.1 degrees
- Simultaneous HD output: 3G-SDI, HDMI & IP
- 20x optical zoom with 10x intelligent zoom
- 1/2.3-type MOS sensor
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) function, suitable for backlit conditions
- Single cable solution for remote video and audio
- Supports PoE+
Video Outputs: Standard professional interfaces include 3G-SDI, as well as IP/Network for single cable delivery of high-quality content up to 1080/60p or 1080/60i.
Audio Input: Audio input and embedding (on IP, HDMI) are also available via a switchable, stereo MIC/LINE input.
Serial Control: RS-422 serial compatibility is available for serial-based control workflows (i.e. connection to AW-RP150, AW-RP50/120 or previous controllers). RS-232 and RS-422 VISCA protocol is available when introducing a Panasonic camera into an existing control structure.
USB or microSD Card Recording: The mini-USB connector allows the AW-HE42 to be utilised as a USB camera using standard USB Video/Audio class drivers. Many applications that connect to USB cameras, such as teleconferencing or software switching solutions, will be able to connect to the HE42 without external converters. Alternatively, microSD recording enables ISO MP4/H.264 recording internally in the HE42, transfer of content over the network via web browser or FTP
Network Connected: The LAN port on the HE42 unleashes the following possibilities:
- Power over Ethernet+ (PoE+) for easier system installation and setup, reducing additional wiring requirements and costs.
- Control the camera via the network with an AW-RP150/AW-RP50/AW-RP120 hardware controller or Panasonic software solutions.
- Access the built-in web interface to monitor and control all aspects of the camera.
- Utilise a supported third party control system from broadcast control systems, switchers, lecture capture systems, AV Control system and more.
- By default, the camera has a built-in H.264/MJPEG encoder for 7 channels of encoding up to 25Mbps. Pair with a supported hardware or software decoder.
Additional license required: Available NDI|HX upgrade (a technology of New Tek, Inc.) for the ultimate single cable production workflow with ultra-low latency video, audio, control, tally, and power over a single cable.
Flexible Installation & Mounting:
- Blend-in: The camera is easy to integrate and is available in two colours to suit a wide range of applications: -W = pearl white and -K = black matte
- Ceiling Mount: A twist-lock ceiling mount is included as a standard accessory.
- Tripod Mount for Mobile Production: The HE42 is also equipped with a 1/4-20 tripod mounting screw receptacle and a safety lanyard for use with many mounting and grip systems.
- Wall Mount: An optional wall-mount is available from KST Moschkau GmbH (KST-WM-HE40/UE70)
Supported Video Formats:
- 1080/59.94p, 29.97p, 59.94i, 29.97psF
- 1080/50p, 25p, 50i, 25psF
- 720/59.94p and 50p
- Optical Image Stabiliser (OIS) / 4-axis hybrid image stabiliser are equipped.
- Four Drive Lens System means that three zoom lenses and one focus lens can independently operate simultaneously.
- Equipped with a Freeze During Preset function that freezes video during preset playback.
- Generator-lock function is equipped.
- The IP-control browser supports camera control from remote locations. PC, Mac and mobile devices are supported.
- External control of recording start/stop operations and transfer of saved files to an FTP server can be performed via an IP network.
- Equipped with a JPEG Image Saving function that enables camera video to be saved, played back and deleted on a microSD card as still JPEG images.
Various Interface Support:
|DC 12 V (Supplied AC adaptor) DC 42 V to 57 V (PoE+ power supply)
|1.3 A (Supplied AC adaptor) 0.5 A (PoE+ power supply)
|Ambient Operating Temperature
|0 °C to 40 °C (32 °F to 104 °F)
|-20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F)
|Approx. 1.5 kg (3.30 lb)
|Dimensions (W x H x D) (mm)
|160 mm x 186 mm x 179 mm[excluding protrusions, direct ceiling mount bracket]
|Dimensions (W x H x D) (inch)
|6-5/16 inches x 7-41/128 inches x 7-3/64 inches[excluding protrusions, direct ceiling mount bracket]
2024 Broadcast and Pro AV Quick Reference Guide
PTZ Camera System Line-up Brochure [February 2024]