Terms and Conditions of Panasonic Connect’s Service Portal and related Services
- “We”, “Us”, “Our” and “Panasonic” Panasonic Connect Europe GmbH, Hagenauer Str. 43, 65203 Wiesbaden, Germany and its affiliate companies.
- “You”, “Your”, “User” and “Customer” indicates the User of the Website and its contained Services.
- Panasonic provides a Service Website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website” which can be accessed at (https://service.eu.connect.panasonic.com) via which registered users can get information on warranties, service conditions and where users can register repair requests and get information from Panasonic related to services. Panasonic provides a Service for the repair of products covered by these Terms and Conditions (see Clause 5 below).
- The use of the Website by You as a registered User shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
- If You wish to use the Website and have Service performed for certain Products, You must first agree to these terms by registering on the Website.
- This Service exists in addition to Your statutory and/or contractual dealer warranty and does not in any way restrict Your rights as a buyer out of such warranty or under any applicable consumer protection law.
- Panasonic reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
2. Registration, Log-in Data and Updates of User Data
- Your contact data and other details requested by Panasonic during the registration process must be complete and correct. If You register as a legal entity, an individual authorised to represent the legal entity must also be named.
- You agree to keep confidential and not to disclose to any unauthorised third party the log-in data, including the password.
- In addition, You shall be obliged to ensure that only You and/or any persons authorised by You shall use Your log-in data and the Services provided on the Website.
- You shall be liable in accordance with statutory provisions for any use and/or other activity effected with Your log-in data.
- As an authorised User of the Website it is required that You keep and maintain your data, inclusive of contact details updated. Should any details change at any time You must update the details in Your personal settings on the website. Should You have any difficulty in accessing or updating Your data or details then please contact Us with the changed details via email.
3. Products in Scope
Products in Scope of this Agreement are those Panasonic Professional & Business Products which are sold with a Panasonic warranty, namely: Professional Camera, Projector & Display Products. For Products covered by a warranty, extended warranty and Optional Support Plans, Panasonic offers Premium Service as set out in these Terms and Conditions in the following countries and areas: European Union, European Economic Area, Albania, Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Republic of North Macedonia, Monaco, Montenegro, San Marino, Serbia, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
If You are outside of the above listed countries and areas, please contact Your original product supplier.
4. Repair Service
4.1 – Premium Service
Panasonic’s standard and Optional Support Plans include the following services in addition to Your statutory rights and is hereafter referred to as Premium Service.
Premium Service consists of the following:
- Web based Service Portal for Asset Management, Repair Requests and Status Tracking
- 5-Day turnaround repair time target
- Free collection and return for in-warranty repairs
- Additional Services depending on product category
4.2 - Requesting a Repair
A Repair Order / Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) can be submitted on the Website https://service.eu.connect.panasonic.com (an e-mail address and password will be required).
4.3 Repair Request Procedure
a) - Repair Request Procedure for Projectors, ProAV and Professional Display
As soon as Your RMA request has been received, We will send You an automated communication confirming Your submission and We will be in touch to arrange the product collection and repair.
For some models You will have the option to request packaging when You submit Your Repair Order. We will then arrange the packaging to be delivered prior to collection.
It is recommended to send the unit without accessories unless You believe they are defective, or We have requested them to be sent. Please include a list of accessories in the Repair Order’s Additional Comments field.
Please make sure the product is ready for collection on the agreed date during business hours.
b) - Repair Request Procedure for Professional Display
When We receive Your RMA request, We will send You an automated communication confirming Your submission. Depending on your location we may forward your request to one of our authorised Service Centres who will contact You to arrange service on our behalf.
4.4 Warranty Repair Conditions
a) – For products excluding Professional Display
Panasonic targets to collect the Product on the day chosen during RMA submission. Panasonic targets to return the Product to You within five Working Days from the collection date. However, in the following cases, there is a possibility We may not be able to meet Our 5-day turnaround target:
- Customs clearance or other transport paperwork is required for the collection and delivery of the Product (for instance when the Product is located outside the EU)
- Direct transport is not available between Panasonic and Your location, or other delays in transportation
- If We are unable to identify any fault with the product
- When the nature of the fault requires extended investigation
- Out of warranty repairs
- If the required spare parts are not in stock or easily available
Our Working Days are Monday to Friday (except UK and Hungarian Bank holidays).
4.5 - Online Repair Status Tracking
For repairs logged via Our repair portal, You can track the status of the repair order once You are logged in to Your account.
5. Out-of-Warranty Service
5.1 – Details
We offer a repair service for products which are either outside of the Warranty period or where the defect is excluded by Our Warranty Conditions. Following initial inspection of Your product, if We identify Your product not to be covered by Our Warranty, We will send You a quote detailing the repair costs.
The cost for out-of-warranty service and any spare parts used will be at Our current rates and determined by the latest parts price list. All transportation costs shall be borne by the Customer. Replaced parts will be disposed of by Panasonic or Our Service Partner in compliance with local environmental regulations. If You would like the replaced parts to be returned, please inform Us upon quote acceptance. Additional transportation costs may be charged.
5.2 - Payment options for 'Out of Warranty' repairs
- Credit account with Panasonic Manufacturing UK or Panasonic Connect Europe: This would enable You to pay 30 days from date of invoice. Please note that this account is subject to a credit check of Your company, based on the information provided on the account application form. If You wish to open an account, please request the account application form when submitting the repair.
- Bank transfer
- On request other payment options may be available
For payments options ii) and iii) payment must be received in order to start the repair of Your product.
5.3 - Custody for Products at Our Repair Centres
We will retain custody of the products during the out of warranty repair process for the established period in the prevailing laws.
5.4 – Failure to respond to Quotation
If the quotation is not accepted or rejected within 4 weeks, Panasonic shall be entitled to charge an appropriate storage fee. After 2 months Panasonic shall no longer be obliged to keep the item and will return the product unrepaired (charges may apply).
5.5 - Warranty for Repair Services
Panasonic offers a 90-day warranty on all Our repairs and any replaced parts from the date the Product has been repaired. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident or unauthorized alterations or faults unrelated to the original symptoms.
6 - Limitation of Liability
Panasonic shall be liable for damages caused by it either deliberately or by gross negligence and according to mandatory provisions of the Product Liability Law or if negligent breach of fundamental contractual duties is attributable to it. As far as permitted by mandatory statutory law, liability is limited to typical and foreseeable damages.
Further claims, including but not limited to claims for damages due to late delivery or non-performance, in particular indirect damages are excluded.
7 - Miscellaneous
- These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with German Law. The courts of Hamburg, Germany shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claims arising out of this Warranty or in connection with it or its formation.